Saturday 1 June 2013

Stars - Light of Life

Chamkile chamkile tu
Asmaan pe chamkile tu
Dhoop mein kho jati hai tu
Raaton ki pari hai tu
Chune ki arzoo hai dil mein
Itna dur jo hai tu (Sigh!)

In darkness, I search for you
In gloominess, I think about you
In happiness, I feel you
Life is incomplete without you

Kaale baadlon ke piche rehti hai tu
Asmaan ke sitara hai tu
Kisi duniya ki suraj hai tu
Mere aangan ki diya hai tu
Hazaron prem ki gawah hai tu
Akelapaan ki saathi hai tu

In silence of night, you were by my side
In presence of light, you gave me the courage to fight
With rising dawn, you fade out
Your inspirations always show a way out 

Chamkna aur kho jana teri fitraat mein hai
Tujhe dhundte rehnaa logon ki niyaat mein hai
Jab dil tute tu saath nibhati hai
Jab tu tute khawaishe payda hoti hai

You shine here and there
And get lost somewhere
The white streak across the sky
Raises hope on the fly

Bachhon ki khel hai tu
Kisi yateem ki 'ma' hai tu
Koi tujhe 'taro' se pukaar ti hai
Koi apne pyaar ki naam se

You are a child's dream
You listen to an orphan's scream
Some call you by your name
Some identify you as their love's emblem

Salaam hai tujhe meri
Duya hai rab se yehi
Tu chamkte rehnaa
Jab tak chale yeh duniya dari 

I bow to thee
I pray to 'He'
Keep shining 
As long as we live to see...

1 comment: